Sedona jeep trip

dustin g

Planning our next Jeep run! Thinking Sedona this time. The trails there are generally short but we can do many. We have 2 grand Cherokees that will be going so far. Anyone is welcome but due to the amount of traffic some of the Sedona trails see going in groups of 5 is the best way to deal with it.
Trails will be Smiley Rock, Greasy Spoon and Broken Arrow. Done over two days. Camping is allowed on all the trails and hotels are nearby in Sedona.
No date set yet. Just want to see if anyone will be interested. Should be around the end of April.

Date set. We are going May 11th thru 13th. So far this looks like a solo trip. Any cool local jeepers are welcome! Come join us for a good tour of the Sedona/Gerome area.

I envy you guys. I have been in Sedona and rented a jeep while there. Just absolutely great! We also went over to slide rock. Have fun and think of us, th not so fortunate to live in a such wonderful place to go Jeepin'.

Well it looks like Someone beat me to the punch about talking to Nena over at Barlows. Dustin where are those maps?

My wife didn't want to buy a new tent( we left our camping stuff in Utah with our son), and has told me we are staying in a Hotel. we got reservations at the Kopopelli suites.

owtdorz said:
I think you might want to double check the camping regualtions in Sedona.
I think that dispersed camping in not allowed, only campground camping.
Hotel I recomend is:
Hotels in Sedona Arizona | Sedona Arizona Hotel | Sky Ranch Lodge Sedona, Arizona
Inexpensive, good location and clean.
Also make sure you stop by Barlows Jeep Rentals and see Nena for good trail maps and up to date trail conditiona and regulations.

Dispersed camping is allowed anywhere in forest service land. Talked to the rangers station this morning. No fire restrictions so far. Only one possible trail closure but may be reopened by now.

Back