Fuel and TPS issues

ryans

Re: Iditos In The News

Hey guys I've got a couple of issues....

First, I have a 1996 Grand Cherokee 5.2 V8 and it seems like over the past few months, I have been experiencing some loss of power. My first instinct is the fuel filter as I have owned it for 3 years and have never replaced the filter. I know this is kind of broad but any thoughts? I have recently had a tune up with new plugs and the injectors cleaned, but it just seems like the engine isn't getting all the fuel it wants.

Second and more important, I think I have a throttle position sensor issue. The throttle is not as responsive as it once was, and the transmission shifts through all the gears too soon. When cruising on the highway and going up a hill, I will often feel the pedal all the way on the floor but it wont shift into an easier gear...almost as if the computer doesn't think I am pushing down the pedal as much as i really am. I tested the tps and found that it was only putting out 3.9 volts at open throttle and I think its supposed to be at 4.5 volts. Any input would be great

I would find out what voltage the TPS is supposed to be putting out when closed and when at WOT.

I highly recommend changing the fuel filter in your situation.

Back