My 89 Cherokee just dies completely

keogge

Does anyone out there have any idea why my 89 Cherokee will up and die for no reason? When it dies it completely dies, no lights, blower nothing! I wait for about 30sec and I hear a click and everything comes back on and I can restart the engine. This happen periodically but when it does it is a pain in the backside. Any ideas anyone????[addsig]

sounds like a main relay is going out... get a manual and start checking relays![addsig]

check the crankshaft position sensor. cause thats what happend to me. and also check the vacum lines one may be disconnected [addsig]

There is a little silver looking box thing down with the fuses. It´s a auto reset circuit breaker. Sometimes a stuck power window switch, will cause it to shut down and then reset. Also sometimes the rear window wiper motor sticks and tries to go back to park position and will trip this relay. Sometimes people just kick it while exiting and entering the Jeep, it´s up high to the left of the brake (clutch) pedal, the cover is often missing. Something to look at. I believe the 89 still ran many of the cables under the carpet on the drivers side floor, these wires often fray and cause problems, taking up a corner of the carpet for a look isn´t a bad idea.[addsig]

Back