How To Change Front And Rear Brakes And Rotors on a 1995 Grand Cherokee Limted

ROB_213

:? i never worked on my 95 jeep grand cherokee limted 6 cyl with abs Brakes before it cost alot just to get it done at a garage just front both and rear brakes and rotors it would be like 400 + tax i found them cheaper at advance auto parts for i need help with what tools like to use. to remove the brake caliper sorry if i spelled that wrong i know that i have to take the tire's off with a 4 way im guessing that other tools involved for the brakes im sorry if im confusing i never did any brake work in it before any help would be great thank you for looking at my post.

A manual like a Chilton's or a Hayne's will prove invalueable if you intend to start doing your own maintenance and repairs. You can get them at most auto parts retailers. They will walk you through just about anything.

i will try that i heard 4 disc brakes and rotors are easy to do long as you have the right tools to do the job thanx for ur advice

Not sure about the rears (I have a Wrangler - front discs only), but I'm sure they're not that different. First remove the wheel. Next, remove the caliper - 2 bolts, piece of cake. Remove the outer pad - a couple of clips, just a little persuasion will do it. You have now reached the point where I've had the most trouble doing discs. The piston in the caliper needs to be compressed into the caliper so the caliper and your new pads will fit back over the rotor. The method of choice, I believe, is to use a LARGE C-clamp to force it back in. I just used my little bottle jack, pressed against the inner pad with the caliper jammed up against the frame - just jacked it back in!! Oh, yeah, you'll want to suck some brake fluid out of your master cylinder reservoir before doing this - makes for a real mess if you don't. Once the cylinder is shoved back into the caliper, remove the inner pad (pulls right out). Put your new inner pad in, then the new outer pad. Put the caliper back on the rotor - takes some fiddlin' - there's two little sleeves and rubber boots where the bolts go that'll have to be backed out in order to seat properly. Once that's all lined up, put the bolts back in, pump the brakes several times, refill the reservoir, and you're good to go!!! Now, if you put it off too long (like I did) and have to turn/replace your rotors, there's a couple of other steps, but it's pretty simple. Best of luck!! No sense paying anybody outrageous money for doing something so simple.

Thanks for telling me that it seems simple to do i have bad brakes in the back and rotors not to the point where there squealing you can see the wear i want to do them all at once its easier i think advance auto parts for wearever brakes and rotors are like 200 something for all 4 i dont use the jeep alot only 126,000 i got it with only 105,000 in 2002 i still have other things to do to it like the plugs wires cap and rotor i think thats what it the full tuneup and a coil im gonna replace i have trobule pulling out when i hit the gas i have to kinda push the pedal in my dad said it might be since i have bfgooddrich all terian t/a tires on it i dont seem to have a problem with them there on the stock rims i got them when i got the jeep other than that it runs fine i have to go to a body shop and get a estimate since when i let my dad use it he backed into a tree and put a dent in the rear liftgate near the lock so that dont open my dad said take the rear apart the panel and look at it i can fix it i dont wanna do that due to i dont know if it will go back on easy or not lol i tried that ding king or wahtever it is called and didnt work to get the dents out well ill try what you said when i get some money to go get the parts thanks Rob 8)

Back