Sending unit

B192734

So since I have figured out that my sending unit is bad again, how bad is it to drive with it. Last time I had the chance to take it to a mechanic immediately, but this time I don't have the luxury. I can get the part from the stealership on thursday, but can't really sit down and put it together until the weekend. Is it really bad to drive on, and I shouldn't do that, or what?

What sending unit you are talking about?

I'm assumin' from a previous thread that you're talkin' about your oil pressure sending unit??? Mudwoman drove on hers quite a while with it pegged a 80psi, but when it went...............Walmart had quite a mess in their parking lot!!!! There's a little rubber diaphram in there that senses the pressure and when it goes, it spews an unGodly amount of oil. If I were you, I'd keep on drivin' it but get that sucker replaced as quick as possible..............and carry some extra oil with you, just in case. Took me 3 quarts to get mudwoman's home from WalMart (10 miles + or -).

I'm gonna get the part today, and likely put it on on saturday. I just drove the wife's car in today. Just in case.

Shouldn't be a problem, so long as it's not leaking oil from the sender like Mud said. Just keep an eye on it and a nose to the wind to smell the oil burning on the headers/hot engine.

Back