Please Help! 89 Jeep Wont Start! Cold weather

mmulisha1022

I have a 89 Waganeer Limited with the 4.0. It will start occasionly but now that it is cold i can crank it over and it will not start. I know that the 85? - 89 do take longer to start in cold conditons any way but it will not start. i did a coil distrubor and rotor resently. But i did notice that one of the fuel injection seals was leaking a little. I know i should repace it seeing that that is a fire hazerd but my question is is it possible that this is letting it not start (EVEN WITH STARTING FLUID) Though i did check the bleeder on the assambly last time and it did this and it seem to have pressure i didnt check it today because this is new news to me that it could possibly be that and a problem. And if so is there a relationship between that and the colder weather. Mean while i am going to replace the seal and possible do spark plugs (wires Are basickly new) and possibly a crank sensor. I didnt check for spark this morning because i didnt have time to but it also seems like and intermident spark issue. Please give me some ideas help will be gratly appreciated thanx.

So many things can cause this. Do you have a Chilton or Haynes book for the vehicle? They often have walkthroughs for problems like this.

Back