Jeep Cherokee Limited 1994 Very Little Heat Help please !

test117

Ok i hope you guys can help.

I have a Jeep cherokee limited 1994.

The problem is that i have very little heat or no heat at all through the heaters.

The coolant systme has been flushed, the thermostat has been changed, still with no joy.

It has been bleed properley and both the heater matrix hoses are hot !

So what happens -----

If i allow the jeep to warm and have the heater on the first blow postion i will get some heat but it will eventually fade away - about 1 min.

If i put the blower on any higher position i just get cold !,

Any help would be greatful !.

Thanks, Ian

Either you have a plugged heater core or a blend door issue with the HVAC housing. more likely to be a plugged Heater core. Remove the 2 hoses on the heater core and try to blow water through it with a water hose and see if some crap blows out of it. take note of the flow as well, this will tell you if it's too plugged up to salvage.

another posibility is that your fresh air vent is plugged. dirt and debree build up on the outside of the heater core and do not allow air to pass thru it. had that problem with my 92. cleaned it out and now I have heat

Probably the same issue I had with mine last week, the thermostat was stuck open, actually it was broken and staying open. replace your thermostat and it should be fine, just remember to install it facing the right way.

Back