sway bar

firestarter

So I recently got a RE3.5 lift and the upper sway bar end link rubs the drag-link outer bracket (it has the v-shaped bend) when the suspension is fully compressed. It's not a huge deal since the bracket is angled and the end bolt on the upper link is rounded (they slide pretty well) but it's a pretty loud annoying sound. I've been looking at the RE sway bar relocation brackets but am wondering what their install procedure is like? In looking at the factory mounts for the sway bar it seems bolted/welded to the body. How do the brackets work and what is a typical install procedure for them?

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:

Can you post a pic of where they're making contact? I don't quite follow what a tierod outer bracket is.

ah, did i type tie-rod (not sure why that was on my mind). It's the driver side drag link bracket that has the budge in it. When I get off work I'll post a pic.

So I finally got around to getting a pic! From reading many posts I can see two options but am unsure as to which route to go:

1.) Get a different bracket that doesn't bulge outward which seems to compromise strength (I've seen some pics with rigs which have flat brackets).
2.) relocate the sway bar a bit forward and potentially down, then the radius would clear this.

This is only noticeable due to the really wide sway bar end link that comes with the RE 3.5 Lift.

image-missing.png

Could someone run me through the install process of the Rubicon Express Sway bar relocation brackets. From their site and the pictures posted it just appears as a flat piece of metal. Do you have to drill holes? I don't see how it relocates anything? If you currently have such a bracket some pics would be great :)

Thanks in advance,

just take off the sway bar links... i have about the same amount of lift and no sways front or rear, still drives fine... not too much body roll but flexs real good

Interesting idea but I guess I have a few questions then:

1.) Are your front brake lines extended? Seems like they'd have to be in order to get any real flex out of it. Mine are 100% stock in the front

2.) I would tend to think that driving without a sway bar on the highway 60-70 would greatly open up the possibility of rolling. Does it really not sway that much?

What setup do you have? shocks/springs/etc ...

Thanks,

i have stainless steel extended brake lines, extended shackles in the back, 4 in springs in the front. i get the jeep up to 80 with no problems with body roll but im kinda a proactive driver. but even when it gets wet and it slides a little on turns its not a problem. oh and the shocks are just from autozone... no real name brand...

Got it. I guess for that to be a reality I'd have to extend my brake lines to be on the safe side. I'm currently using the 3.5" RE with monotube shocks which IMO are quite stiff .... so maybe less roll that you???

Back