Timing chain 2002 liberty

ibliberty1

The local garage told me I have something banging around in timing chain area probably a chain guide.So going to buy the timing kit.Looking for some tips,advice,diagrams any kind of help would be appreciated.2002 liberty 3.7L

ibliberty1 said:
The local garage told me I have something banging around in timing chain area probably a chain guide.So going to buy the timing kit.Looking for some tips,advice,diagrams any kind of help would be appreciated.2002 liberty 3.7L

You should pick the chilton manual for your year it will be very helpfull. Step by step instructions and plenty of pictures and diagrams its worth the 20 bucks

You should pick the chilton manual for your year it will be very helpfull. Step by step instructions and plenty of pictures and diagrams its worth the 20 bucks
Thank you i will do that.If its just a chain guide or tensioner would you replace that or the whole timing kit and what about water pump and oil pump?

ibliberty1 said:
Thank you i will do that.If its just a chain guide or tensioner would you replace that or the whole timing kit and what about water pump and oil pump?

I own a 97 tj so I wouldn't know about the waterpump and oil pump. But as for the whole timing chain it self if it were me i would hate to do all that work again so i would just replace the whole thing including chain, tensinor or chain guide. How many miles on your jeep?

I own a 97 tj so I wouldn't know about the waterpump and oil pump. But as for the whole timing chain it self if it were me i would hate to do all that work again so i would just replace the whole thing including chain, tensinor or chain guide. How many miles on your jeep?
105000 miles I noticed with some kits they include water pump and/or oil pump.

ibliberty1 said:
105000 miles I noticed with some kits they include water pump and/or oil pump.

Id replace the chain aswell just not to sure on the water pump or oil pump

Back