my 92 no start

pinaplebob

Hello all,

I've got a problem with my 92 XJ with a manual transmission.

This past weekend it stopped running. I go to accelerate, and it coughs and dies. I have not been able to get it back running since. Does anyone have any ideas as to what else I could try?

It has:
A Brand new CPS (I figured out the no spark issue and changed it figuring it would be the culprit.)
New Ignition Coil (Unrelated, it was changed this winter as it developed a crack and was giving me a weird idle)
New plugs, wires, cap rotor
Brand new battery

I've tried:
Swapping relays with known good relays.
Unplugged and checked every connection I could get to.
Changed CPS
I've also tried getting the codes from the check engine light, but it is not lit.

Here is what I've noticed because I guess everything is related.

All my gauges cycle when I try and start the jeep.
The tach does not move. (Is is supposed to?)
All the idiot lights on the instrument console do not light up when trying to start. (I'm not sure if they are supposed to, as it has been a long time since i've driven it, and I don't remember)
The fuel pump does not turn on when trying to start, as well as there is no pressure at the rail. (I figured I was to deaf to hear it run so i checked pressure with the key on).

Any insight on anything would be helpful. This is a manual trans, so I don't know if there is any different sensors that I am missing.

Also if it is the computer, what are the chances of finding on for a manual trans XJ?

is it getting spark right now. if so try giveing it a good shot of starting fluid and see if it run's off of that if it does than i'd say your fuel pump is bad although it sound's like it is sence you said you have no fuel at the rail but if it will run on the starting fluid than at least you'll know it's a fuel problem as far as the idiot lights not coming on when your trying to start it pretty sure thay won't while your cranking it but will when your not cranking it

Alright sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

I do not have spark at all, as well as no fuel pump. I was able to jump and get the fuel pump to run, so I know that the fuel pump is working.

I am leaning more towards the Auto-shut down relay or the computer.

any thoughts?

Back