ELP! wifes dd 2000 hrand is acting up...

richgilbert81

I need help!! ASAP too. My wife drives a 2000 grand for her dd with the v8 in it. We have a few odd ball issues over the last week or so. First off she went to start last night and would not idle. Could hold the gas down and keep rpm,s at normal idle but as soon as she let off gas it would stall fast. Did this a half dozen times and kinda started back up little hard with an optima battery even. Then last time she tried before taking my yj to work and started easy and idled normal!! No check engine lights or nothing.... Ok second issue been ongoing for quite a while now. She works third shift nursing. The dam tail lights. They are doing some weird shit. Driver side dim when tail lights are on. Hit brakes and all brake lights work except for the one that is half lit that goes compl out. Also when she runs directionals and brakes during day they all work correctly. She she using directional for the dim side at night that one light goes all the way out and doesn't blink or nothing. And blinks all normal in dash.( doesn't bill quick like does when bulb out) I have torn down and replaced the bulbs and hasn't changed it. I heard that this model jeep has issues with a circuit board that goes haywire in them inside the tail light. But some tail lights are factory sealed and some are not. I will buy the board and try and get the light in half to put it in if someone besides the guy trying to sell me the part thinks that is what it needs. Just installed a Reese hitch on the jeep last night and do not want to tie in to the electrical yet to complete the install until I get the issue resolved. Help!❗❗❗❗❗️ Thanks in advance.

For the tail lights, I'd start by taking the bulbs out and looking for any rust in the sockets.

Thanks everyone. Go figure it was indeed the printed circuit board inside the tail light assy. Haas to remove entire light from jeep and bring in to the kitchen of the house. Then I took a heat gun to break glue loose holding the two halves of the light housing together. After apart I used the heat gun and small pry bar to remove the circuit
Board from the light housing. Then re-heat the glue up so tacky and put in the new board. Then heat half the light back up with the gun and also apply some silicone to other half ad press back together. Then reinstall it and no more light issues thank god.

Back