moulding around the door

98 Jeep

I have my jeep 1 week today and this morning I was putting in a sun shield, when I got out of the car I felt something touch my arm, turned around and wow, the moulding is not around the door, it is I guess around the frame of the car.

Long story short I refuse to take this car for another 2hr drive to get it fixed, it only came with 1 month warranty. I do not like driving in unfamiliar territory and the drive home was absolutely frightening. I asked them if they would b willing to work with a jeep dealer here in the town I live in and the salesman said no. So my ? is how hard is it to put this moulding in. It was ripped in 2 places, looking inside the drivers door it is ripped on the right and another rip is on the top, I guess that would be considered the roof. I could also buy the moulding and have an auto body shop put it in. I know a guy who works by himself therefore he does not charge as much as other body shops do.

That is one of the reasons I did not want to buy a car that was a great distance away, but I had no choice, there was absolutely nothing close to where I live, and I was without a car for 5 weeks and thoroughly disgusted with the whole process of looking and looking and not finding anything. It's like a 2 hr drive to Philly but the place is in Scranton. Any thoughts?

Back