grand cherokee headlights

Saleen4971

i have a 93 grand cherokee laredo, adn my headlight lenses are kind of cloudy/yellowed, my quesiton is, is there a way i can clean them off? i bought new headlight bulbs, sylvania silverstars, and im trying to get as mcuh otu of them as i can. ive heard of using bleach, adn lemon juice, but i was relaly looking for almsot brand new looking lenses, if not, then i can get some off of ebay for about 50$ for both, so if you guys know of any way to get the yellow off, or un-cloud thenm, id appreciate it, thanks.

you can re: here, or email me at saleen4971@hotmail.com[addsig]

you could check an auto parts store like pep boys or something... i noticed in the pepboys here that they have a whole catalog of new light lenses and assemblies... i don't know how much they are charging for ZJ headlight assemblies as they didn't have them in stock on the shelf... However, the assemblies for other cars that they did have in stock ranged from 20 to 40 bucks... not too bad a deal, and they Are brand new and look just like the factory headlight assemblies...

It sucks that those things fade the way they do... it really is the ony way my ZJ is showing its age...

-Nathan[addsig]

I guess your talking about H-4 headlights, the ones where the bulb comes out the back. Noticed one day mine where half full of water, green, looked like an aquarium, all that was missing, was a few gold fish. Rinsed them out with a weak bleach solution, cleaned the inside of the lens with windex and a stick with a cotton ball taped to the end. Cleaning the reflector was, a little harder, used an old coat hanger and the cotton balls again. Touching the light bulb with your fingers is to be avoided, oil from your skin is supposed to mess them up.[addsig]

I tired clr (calicium lime rust) that you can get from any hardware store. It seemed to work a little bit.

pinaplebob[addsig]

Back