How did they do it ???

D MAC

a couple day's before thanksgiving, 5am i was loading suit cases letting my 2004 grand cherokee limited warm up when i went back inside some one jumped in and took it, jump in other car , caught up a couple blocks away, they jump and ran, but with KEY AND REMOTE , i took it to the dealer ,had the door lock and ignition switch tumblers redone and keys reprogrammed. tested it with one old key and remote, before it was redone. door lock and ignition would not turn remote would not unlock.. one weak ago, got up it was gone NO ALARM ,recovered Monday. no ignition or wiring damage like they had a key & remote ??? thinking about doing the rekey again but DAMN EXPENSIVE..any ideas about what happened ????:???:

That sucks man. I actually saw a news program a little while ago saying that people, car thieves, can use a device that reads the signal a fob gives off, while you're using it, and they use it to jack a vehicle. Don't know how this works but apparently it's happening. I watched this on CBC if you were interested in searching for it. No chip, was told,by a cop,they use shaved keys

Buy insurance. There's not much mechanically/electrically you can do to your vehicle that prevents it from being jacked and while keeping it usable for you at the same time.

Back