1994 jeep cherokee doors need some lovin

tannervjones

This is a 2 part question, firstly on the inside of the drivers side door, the metal rod that connects from the inside handle to the door latch is missing the little plastic clip that holds the rod onto the handle, so when I hit a bump the rod bounces out and I have to pop off the vinyl door panel to put the rod back in it spot. The problem is that after hours of googling I could not find that damn plastic clip anywhere, so if anyone knows the proper name of this clip and where to find it that would super cool and helpful.
Second, I'm looking to remove all of the vinyl door panels and replace it all with stained wood, just looking for any tips and things to look out for when replacing the panel. Thanks!

might want to hit up a junkyard. I had the sagging door problem on my 96 XJ and due to that it was missing clips, rods and the little plastic piece that engages or disengages the handle. I found all the parts in the junkyard and they all ran me like 10 bucks. I welded up both hinges and reinstalled all the pieces and it works like a champ. If you don't have any luck there then yea, ebay or maybe someone parting one out on craigslist. good luck!

Back