Coil spring compressor?

CJDan

I know using cool spring compressors at every dangerous. I am not trying to do this in a dangerous way. I am installing cool spacers, if I just disconnect the shock, brake lines, sway bar link, control arms etc..will this be safe? I want it easy in and easy out, will this keep it from "popping" out at a dangerous speed? Thanks! I just want to be safe.

Also, is their any dangers when releasing the rear lead springs? I don't believe so, but I just want to double check!

The overall idea is that you need to get the spring out - you can either compress the spring down and pull it out, or you can allow the axle to droop down low enough that the spring will expand all the way, and well essentially fall out. I think the best way to go is to do what you mentioned and disconnect allow the axle to droop down far enough to pull the spring out. The only danger is if you don't jack the vehicle up properly.

Take off one tire at a time, then jack up your frame and allow the axle to drop down. You should not have to remove control arms, and you may not have to remove shocks and brake lines. Just go slow and look for anything (like brake hoses) that are getting tight.

Coil compressors are safe if installed and tightened evenly.

You can safely install a spacer lift without them. Leave brake lines connected and unbolt the axle end of the shocks, swaybar, and trackbar. Push down on one end of the axle to remove that spring. It often helps to jack up the opposite end of the axle slightly for more droop.

Awesome, thanks. I got a 2" soacer lift with 2" add a leaf for the rear. Want a decent size lift without looking too big. But enough for me to notice a difference and get some tire clearance. This will be best of both worlds for me. Nice size lift, plus space

Back