96 cherokee

96cherokee

Hey fellow jeepers. I'm new here but I have my first jeep finally lol have had it a few months and done a lot to it and still more to do. Got a question for y'all tho. It's got new plug wires and plugs and distributor. And when shifting into passing gear it misses at hug rpm. Any advise and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• image-1428542041.jpg
    image-1428542041.jpg
    596.8 KB · Views: 177

Welcome to Jeepz.com
Just so that I understand, you're getting a hard shift when the automatic transmission downshifts right? I'm now familiar with the Cherokee transmission - does it have overdrive?

Do you know when / if the transmission fluid was last changed? I'd probably start there if I were you.

I dont know why new plugs and wires would cause a miss. Unless they are not gap-ed right or something?

does that transmission have a vacuum modulator? cant recall when they went away... but that is they type of symptom a bad vac modulator or vac line to it would cause...

Well it's not that I'm getting a hard shift its when it down shifts it misses. I check the spark gap and it's 0.35. It's everything new except the coil. But it is the overdrive Tammy yes

Back