I am stumped on this fuel system for 87 Cherokee

tommbo

Can someone give me a clue on where the fuel relay is on an 87 2.5L Cherokee?I have 3 relays in a row on the left side looking toward the rear and I have a general Chiltons manual for 83-01 Chrokees and it is not telling me where it is exactly.Thanks in advance.I bought this one and the timing was way off and I finally got it to fire and run(pouring gas down the TBFI) it is not sending gas to the throttle body and I dont hear a sound from the gas tank when I turn the key.The guy told me that it needed just the engine put back together.Got it for $250 and want to drive it soon !! Thanks, Tommbo

Hi,

The relays from front to back are:

> A/C clutch relay
> B+ Latch relay (for the IAC)
> Fuel Pump relay
> Oxygen sensor heater relay

Since you only have 3 relays, either you don't have A/C or the 4 cylinders are slightly different?

Hope that helps :mrgreen:
-Nick :!:

Thanks and found problem the fuel pump is bad.Took the tank off and tried it.I appreciate your help!

it should say on the cover in the inside but if it doesnt try going to a parts store and matching the parts and or part #'s .if the part number is the same then you will know at least you can mix and match them to see if that could solve your problem.

Back