camber adjustment on XJ?

Benskate1

when going to get the old cherokee aligned, some shops say its impossible to set the camber on the XJ, is this true? they says its fixed and that once its off the only solutoin is a whole new front end. enligten me.

They want your Cash. Unless I am mis-informed you have Solid Front Axles and therefor are able to get Adjustable Controlarms or extended Control arms. Do you ave a lift on that Rig?

They sell adjustable ball joints, for this problem. In fact there was a recall on some years for this problem. That´s why the adjustable ball joints, became widely available.

The Caster is the the Angle of the Axle. and is Adjustable with Control arms, usually Lower. I can't seam to find the page with all Exact info on caster/camber But if you look at your Front-Lower control arms you will find a Cam-bolt that is adjustable also. However, this isn't enough adjustment if you go over 3" of lift.

You need offset ball joints to adjust the camber that you speak of. Too much camber probably can't be asjusted and you'd need a new axle.

Caster is the pitch of the front axle and is adjusted with the length of the control arms.

Camber:
image-missing.png

Caster:
image-missing.png

Back