water on passenger floor??

nkdskls1978

Steering box, colum, and wheel

I recently purchased a 98 TJ and I was wondering WHY is passenger floor always full of water :?: I think its only when it rains, but it seems rains alot here in Louisiana (we call it winter). I heard this is common ... please explain and can it be fixed :?: THANKS

I dont think its the heater core b/c I dont smell radiator fluid. I also removed the cowl and checked for debris its was clean ...

Ok, my girlfriends 93 YJ would spill water all over the floor board when she would turn corners or take off real fast after it had been sitting in the rain. Turns out the little drain hose coming from the firewall under the hood vent was plugged with debris and water was backing up. Check that, it looks kinda like a gross wiener with a tapered end.

NK,

I don't have a TJ either, but my YJ would get rainwater coming from below. When going thru puddles (we jeepers tend to speed up in puddles as opposed to most other vehicles) and the water would splash up and leak thru my drain plugs that weren't sealed. The other likely place is the door seals. Particularly if you have a soft top. Is it only happening on the passenger side? Check the firewall, also, as suggested by Laneiac.

C

Make sure your windshield is sealed properly. One of my old jeeps would leak water in from a leaky windshield seal

do you have a/c?? it might be the drainage duct is clogged. I'm sure it is something blocked either wat, especially if it pours out on turns.

i get that too... good windshield too... comes from under my dash somewhere.. always getting water on my feet when i turn right

I have an '02 TJ and my AC duct was clogged with mud and this made the passenger side floor full of water. Just pull it off and check it, it's real simple.

Missing small part

I dont run the A/C at all ... would it still leak from there ?... Im just going to have to go out and get the water hose and make it leak and find out where its coming from...Where is the A/C duct located? ...

Aftermarket seats?

When I had that problem, it turned out to be a bad windshield seal. Its an easy fix and only cost $20. I just folded my windshield forward, replaced the gasket and put a helathy bead of silicone on either side of the gasket and Have not had that problem for over a year now.

TARSI

I took the hose to it today and got it to leak... it is apparently running down the firewall, but i cant get to it to see where ... I cant tell that it is leaking from something coming through the firewall probably behind the A/C ... I pulled the cowl and cant get to it from there but i sealed the drain in the middle anyway b/c there wasnt much of a gasket left there.... my best estimate is that it is coming through directly behind the fuse box b/c i think you can see it through there to the left with a flashlight ... What could it be????

there is a drain hole under there fresh air intake by your wiper moter sometimes that gets clogged up and it drains down on you passenger side floor try a wire coat hanger and run it through the drain hole atleast it worked on my untill the next time it seen the mud

rained today.. my feet are soaked... every time i accelerated, or turned right... i was douched

the driver side on my jeep gets soaked in the rain. usually it's right under the seat. haven't figured that one out yet.

2" spacer lift

laneiac said:
Turns out the little drain hose coming from the firewall under the hood vent was plugged with debris and water was backing up.

That is what fixed the wet feet in my YJ. I cleaned that drain hose out and no more wet feet. The problem was the same as most described, Water poured out around turns or on accelleration after sitting in the rain.

Jeeps leak! Fix one leak you will spring another, fix that one and it will spring another, might want to just remove the drain plugs and wear wadders. hehehehehe tug

Back