How Tall will my jeep be???

markr

I would like to put 33's and a 4 inch lift. I would like to know how tall my jeep will be from the ground to the top????? I f anyone can tell me please me know. The reason I would like to know is to see if it will fit in my garage.... :?

33-27=6 6/2=3 3+4=7 . Stock tires are 27", so add 3" of lift from going up to 33's, and 4" for the lift. The YJ will be approximately 7" higher than it is now, but that depends on the condition of the stock springs, it could be an inch or so more if they're sagged.

some stock springs will sag really far... some people gain 2-3 extra inches just due to sag

6'10" garage door, so it'll be close. I think the softtops ride a bit higher than a hardtop.

This very reason is why we built our house with 8' garage doors :D

haha.. when we built BBJ, we had to deflate stock tires and leave the top off to get it out of the garage... skimming at the top

My '88 Wrangler, with about 8" of lift and 31" BFG tires is around 6' 7". That is to the top of the roll bar, so with the soft top it is several inches taller. I don't think you should have any clearance problems at all.

Noise while 4X4ing

you have 8" of lift and 31's? i'd like to see that... seems too small of a tire for the lift

yah, that's what happens when you buy the tires, then the lift about a week later. I never planned to lift it as much as I did, but, things changed fast!! It is a little Goofy-looking, but hey, it'll still go anywhere as long as the axles don't get high centered. It will be changed soon though, probably only with 35's due to the Dana 30/35. Just need to quit fooling around with the other vehicles and spend some more time on the Jeep!!!

Thanxs everybody!!!! I think im, gonna go with the 33's and 4 inch lift....Even if i have to put the stock tires on it to put it in the garage!!!!

Back