Greaseable boomerang shackles worth it?

laneiac

i got a cb. now what antenna length

Was thinking about putting on a set of MORE greaseable boomerang shackles at both ends of my Jeep. Anyone have any past experiences with boomerang shackles? Or are they not worth the $130 for all four?

On a YJ? Definately worth it for the rear, helps the shackle clear the rear crossmember under compression. I'd rather go with the anti-kickback shackles for the front, keeps the shackle from inverting and sticking the leaf pack up against the frame. Had it happen to me on the rocks, nothing serious but aggravating.

From what I understand they are only for the rear, the fronts stay straight. We put some on my brothers jeep, no complaints!

You can put the boomerangs on the front and they serve as an anti kickback shackle. Thanks for your help guys, ordering up a set right now!

theyre great, i love mine. i get a lot more flex out of my rear end. if you wanna buy me a set of revolvers and z boxes ill give you mine :D

laneiac said:
You can put the boomerangs on the front and they serve as an anti kickback shackle. Thanks for your help guys, ordering up a set right now!

MORE is not into customer service to much. When you order from them besure of what you want or they charge you a healthy "restocking charge" on returns.

if oregon was closer id love to but i geuss since my jeep wont make it there ill have to stay in virginia

Ritt, thanks for the advice. I will make sure they get me the right stuff. I did get my roll cage and steering box brace from them and they were decent, but you never know I guess.

Currupt- I will meet you halfway.

Oh, I didn't mean to infer poor quality. I just didn't like the restocking charge on a package I never opened. I think MORE has realy nice stuff. I have the boomerangs and after 2 years, the finish is still new looking.

Oh I agree about the stupid restocking fee. Four wheel drive did that to me when THEY SENT ME THE WRONG FUEL CAP FOR MY JEEP!!!! I argued and argued with them, but they said I needed to pay the restocking fee. Just said screw it and stopped ordering from them.

Back