Best TJ gas mileage ever!

JeepMonkey

RE: Body lift

I drove from Fresno to Pismo (about 160 miles) pulling a 8' box trailer loaded with all my camping stuff and a Banshee with two 5 gallon jugs of fuel. I got a little over 13mpg! Only problem is I had to drive real close behind a 5th wheel toy hauler doing 55-60 the whole way. I wouldn't normally drive much faster, but the view this way sucks! I guess drafting really works. The best part of the weekend was pulling both his truck and trailer out of the sand once we got there. :lol:

My stock TJ got 19mpg off the lot. 2 weeks later we went to 31x10.50 thornbirds-milage dropped to 14mpg. Now that I have went to 36x14.50 with 4.88 gears, I get about 9 mpg :(

My stock TJ got 19mpg off the lot. 2 weeks later we went to 31x10.50 thornbirds-milage dropped to 14mpg. Now that I have went to 36x14.50 with 4.88 gears, I get about 9 mpg

Have you adjusted the mileage for those bigger tires? If you havent changed your speedo gear your odometer will be off because of the tires.

Anyway jumppr, thats about what I get out of my TJ WITHOUT a trailer... so sounds like your doing pretty good.

Nathan

RE: Motorcraft 2150 and CARB legal?

i make it 140 miles on 5/8 of a tank in my 94yj on 35s in 4th gear the whole way

I also topped off with a couple gallons of the 91 octane when i filled up the quad gas cans. I think that might have helped a little. The next full tank I get I'm going to fill with 91. I think it did develop the power a little better. Might not be worth it in the city, but I'll definetly do it on long trips.

Jeepz going 3D!

I got a 97 4banger with 265's (30.5?) my gas milage is between 14-17 on the odometer- got a gps 4 christmas found out my sppeedo was off by 10% that puts me at 16-20 I can't complain. split fire plugs and all that air restriction stuff taken off/out of the filter and throddle body.

RE: Stinkin

When I had my Jeep and I had to go anywhere on the freeway, I would always have to find a Semi that was going slow enough for me. Then, he would get drafted! That's the only way my could could even somewhat keep up with freeway traffic (at least semi-truck traffic...if they're going 55 or under!!)

Back