Wagoneer Dana 44 bolt pattern?

hoobness

RE: 95 YJ for sale

Hi,
I just bought a pair of 6 lug Dana 44s off a Wagoneer for my YJ
... The guy I bought them from said they are a perfect fit to the YJ.

Im guessing the Dana 44 front is manually locked..? So the posi will be up for sale.

What is the bolt pattern for the 6 lug Dana 44 from a Wagoneer - I need to buy Rims....

I dont even have these in my possession yet, so I cannot forsee what else I need to know or modify... Hopefully the answer is Nothing!

anyinfo would be great!!!!

THANKS!

Let me quess... Dave in Ashby?

Thats where I got mine..the bolt pattern is 6 on 5.5, same as a chevy, toyota, Nissan, Issuzu and most all FSJ

Those axles will not bolt into a Yj though.. takes a little work, you will have to weld and odify the front drivers side perch, you will need to cut and grind the diff housing slightly to move the center pin over like 1/2 inch. food thing is, if you are lifted, the front trac bar mount (need to be moved) but is re-usable, it is about 3 inches taller than factory YJ.. If unlifted, you will need to cut down and weld to the housing.

You may or may not have the Vacumn disconnect (not the most desirable) but can be done... Both bounty and i have that axle, unfortunatly I have not tore in the front, I am almost done with building the rear. I doubt you will have manual hubs... those were on the earlier FSJ's and they were pass. side diffs.

Good luck, if you got questions, ask away!

Bad teeth on my soft top! Advice please....

You guessed it, Dave in Ashby!

After reading up on them and your reply, I wonder if I want to do all that. I m reading an article on offroad.com and it seems the labor is kind of rough. I got no problem with any of it except the fabrication. I lack the skills and the tools in that dept. I DO want the manual hubs, and forgot to check yesterday when I was there. - Ill call him tonight.
Dont understand the thing you said about the trac bar mount. (moved where?) Im lifted 4"...

The trac bar.... you will have to cut the one on there off and move it, these axles are not a bolt on upgrade, It does take a lot of cutting and grinding.. some welding and very little fabrication.

If you are hell bent on having the manual hubs, you can lock the differential to be locked all the time, tear down the knuckles and replace them and the stubshafts with that from a 72-75 chevy 1/2 ton pickup/blazer.. this will give you the ability to run a hi-steer, as well as the manual hubs!

Back