sway bar

dbr5010

RE: **UPDATE**

explain the sway bar disconnect and where is the best place to buy it and is it hard to put on

with the bar connected the front end is not allowed to flex side to side. This is great for the road and handling, but sucks offroad. When disconected the axle id free to flex and add a great deal of offroad capibility. They are connected w/ 4 bolts and you can either take the stock one's off everytime, or buy the one's that come apart. I got the one's that have a lower pin and upper pin, i think they are the easiest to get on and off. There are a couple pf mfg just shop around..........

RE: Got a chuckle, had to share with ya

The swaybar links are the rods that connect your swaybar (at the ends) to the axle. Swaybar disconnects are replacements for the stock links that are easily removeable.

Here is a pic of a set of disconnects (note the removeable pins and adjustment for different lift heights):
image-missing.png

They replace the stock links shown here:
f8_2JPG-4.jpg

Having the swaybar disconnected will give you better traction offroad because the front axle will have more wheel travel allowing both wheels to stay on the ground in off camber situations.

If you are runnign stock sway bar links, save some $$$ - go to home depot and buy a 2 hitch pins I think 5/8"x2 1/2" is the right size, 2 washers for each and a clip for each. Remove the lower bolts form the links and replace with the pins. I did this and it works great - cost about $7

Back