Parking brake cables

Snitty

My rear parking brake cables are seized up pretty bad. I definitely need new ones. My local parts stores dont have them in and might not be able to get them. Are there any retrofit cables or something off anything else that anyone knows of that would work? I need this done to get inspected.

wow you have some LAAAAAME parts stores around you... lemme guess... pep boys!? haha....

how bout a junkyard? ebay? have you tried lubing them cables? Perhaps just letting some oil drip down will loosen them up?

Autozone is what i got around here.. they said unavailible... and Advance said they have to order it, but that vender is giving them trouble

RE: Gross/large Vacuum leak

Any way to get PB Blaster in there to free 'em up? Otherwise sounds like Quadratec can take care of ya.

I bought all 3 from NAPA for a 95 YJ,
the Dr side R was 1" too long with a slug end, mix-up on part numbers or change with TJs I figured...went round and round with no quick solution

so I ended up specifically ordering a Dorman cable from Pep Boys with the right equalizer pivot end and right length.

all parts are available for Jeeps somewhere. sometimes the internet aftermarket guys are the quickest and best availability

go to a dealer and try to get a tie rod boot...(same boots used since the CJs)... they freeze and swear it's no longer available... sad really.

Back