chinard is offline Senior Member

Okay, so i picked up my hard top today which is an ORIGINAL hard top for my 82 CJ and it has a significant amount of rust on the metal frame. Its rusted so bad that i have to completely replace the whole frame.

The glass on this hard top is in surprisingly good condition... Perfect condition and tinted (factory not laminate), so I don't want to replace the whole hatch just yet. What i would like to do is get the frame replaced, but with the age of this thing i have no idea if I can order a replacement frame from anywhere...

If anybody knows of a place that i can order a replacement frame from, let me know.

If not, does anybody know if the liftgate hatch from the newer hardtops can be fitted to the older style hard tops?

[addsig]
    \'82 CJ-7 - AMC 258 -
    Mods: Weber Carb, Borla Catback, Juicebox TFI, 31\" BFG AT, Powermaster 150a alternator, H4 headlights, blazer heater motor conversion, WORKING gas gauge.
    Now with 80% less rust!!!

Jonzey4x4 is offline Junior Member

http://www.quadratec.com

They sell replacement frames along with anything else you might need.[addsig]
    \"This Jeep is not an SUV...Your SUV is not a Jeep!\"

quadratec doesnt cary parts for OEM hardtops. They only carry the besttop stuff (i already checked) [img]modules/phpBB_14/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img][addsig]
    \'82 CJ-7 - AMC 258 -
    Mods: Weber Carb, Borla Catback, Juicebox TFI, 31\" BFG AT, Powermaster 150a alternator, H4 headlights, blazer heater motor conversion, WORKING gas gauge.

jeepthrills is offline Member

try this one www.jcw.com/jeep They have a fiberglass replacement for the original steel unit.

[addsig]

Yeah, you're right... thanks..

Only $170... That's going to save me a TON of money [img]modules/phpBB_14/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]modules/phpBB_14/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]modules/phpBB_14/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Here's the explicit link.

http://www.jcw.com/item.jhtml?ITEMID=9574[addsig]
    \'82 CJ-7 - AMC 258 -

Jonzey4x4 is offline Junior Member

Quadratec does sell OEM fiberglass replacement parts. JCwhitney is cheaper though at 170$. Quadratec's price is 204$ for fiberglass and 299$ for kevlar.[addsig]
    \"This Jeep is not an SUV...Your SUV is not a Jeep!\"

jackal is offline Senior Member

Hey Before you buy. four wheel drive .comhas both fiberglass and stell replacements.

Hope I could help,

Jackal

Yes!!! That sticker in my back window is Calvin ****ing on ex-wife. [img]modules/phpBB_14/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]modules/phpBB_14/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]modules/phpBB_14/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]modules/phpBB_14/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [addsig]
    Tommy Boy once said \" You can stick your head up a butchers a$$, but wouldn\'t you rather take his word for it\"