tail lights

Jeeper89

last night i noticed that my tail lights would light up and the reverse lights would come on in reverse but when i steped on the break or put on a blinker they didnt blink or get brighter.everything else works.i have no clue whats wrong.the front signal light work the blink but the back ones dont.i checked the driver side bulb.if one light goes does it cause both to not work like this. thanks for all your help.[addsig]

check the ground wire
image-missing.png
[addsig]

The two turn indicator systems are independent of each other. I would buy a new bulb and see if that helps. Also check all the fuses as sometimes the brakelights are on a different circuit as the running lights. There is the slight chance that both bulbs went at the same time, but it is unlikely unless there is a short somewhere in the circuits. Hope this helps...[addsig]

where is the ground wire at?all i see is three wires going to the tail lights.i looked a the bulbs and both of the fillaments are good on both bulbs.[addsig]

I have a similar problem with my 88. The problem in mine seems to be that the switch on the pedal will move and either keep the lights on all the time, or they will not come on at all when I step on the brake. I have to reach under the dash and twist the switch so it is in the correct position again. Hope this helps.

Todd[addsig]

i could only move mine up and down and it had a blue and a pink wire coming from it.but i giggled it around a couple times so next time i have sum1 over i'll get them to tell me if they are working now. thanks[addsig]

check the bulbs... the filiments could be contacting each other making a short circut.. this happened to me.. common because of the vibrations jeeps get from big tires.. and check the switch as well.. [addsig]

Back