Internal slave to external slave

Gregorypaul

Hello,
I own a 1993 jeep wrangler 4.0 with the 5 speed AX-15. I have the internal slave that is leaking. I would like to switch to the external slave. So far I have the Bellhousing and the clutch release fork from a 1998 wrangler on the way, besides the throwout bearing and the external slave off a 98 what else would I need? I am going to pay someone else to do the work and I want to make sure all the little duckies are in a row. Appreaciate any help I can get.
Thanks, Greg.

You need the front input cover for the AX15.

The internal slave cover is flat as the clutch slave rests against it. The external slave cover has a long tube over the transmission input shaft for the throwout bearing to ride on.

You need the front input cover for the AX15.

The internal slave cover is flat as the clutch slave rests against it. The external slave cover has a long tube over the transmission input shaft for the throwout bearing to ride on.

Otherwise known as the input bearing retainer.

Great, Thanks.....
I called around and found the cover for a 94-95 ax15. Double checking before I order because very pricey.

Thanks for all the help!
Greg.

Hello again,

Before I drop dollars on this pricey part, can you 1993 guys say for sure that the 1994-95 input bearing retainer fits on the 1993?
sorry for being a pain in the butt...

Thanks again, Greg.

I have that same part on an 89 transmission. It's the same bolt pattern and serves me like it's supposed to be on there.

It's the same. Only things different on the '93 is the clutch, different from '87-'92 and from '94+. '93 is a strange duck like no other YJ when it comes to clutches.

Back