trektop or not!

fathead

Just wondering if anyone out there has a trektop by bestop,and if so would you recommend it or stick with the regular sort top.I have a hard top with know frame work so i would have to start from scratch.Just would like some feed back on this.Lets have it!

I was going to do the same thing in the spring. I looked at the trektop and a company named Viking Offroad makes a similar unit. The best top looks to be cheaper and the kit comes with everything that you need. I like the fast back look of these tops. Very cool :D Also you can purchase a supertop by Best Top. It comes with all new hardware and frame work and it right around like 600 buck.

Yeah i down loaded the installation on the trek and the regular soft top,both pretty easy to install trek looks a little quicker and I like the look of the trektop too.Its been below 20 degrees for about six months now here in mass, so I still have alittle time to kick it around.Thanks for the input nick,keepin jeepin!

I actually just got the Bestop Trek Top. I seem to like it so far. I have full steel doors and I have to make a couple adjustments so that the doors will close easily. Other than that I love it. It's easy to install.

The Viking top can transform into a safari top, and you have storage built in for when you remove the windows. Im not sure, but I think the Bestop's side windows dont remove, which would be a deal breaker for me.

Hi there. We are looking at the Trektop for a 2008 4 door with the factory hardtop. I was wondering what adjustments you had to do for the doors to close easily? Was adjustments to the doors or to the top hardware?

Thanks,

Jeff

I actually just got the Bestop Trek Top. I seem to like it so far. I have full steel doors and I have to make a couple adjustments so that the doors will close easily. Other than that I love it. It's easy to install.

How hard is it to use the trektop with steel doors? is it a real pain, or was it a simple adjustment?

resurrection:

does anyone have any updates on the trektop? or more over trektop vs. sailcloth. I know the sailcloth is the best, but how much better than the trektop? I like the look of the trektop. I like the durability of the sailcloth. Is the trektop much worse (in durability) than sailcloth? General pros-cons of both? Is there an issue with leaking? I have full metal doors.

Last edited:
Back