Looking for a good looking bolt on bumper

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
The stock bumper on my 2005 TJ is looking pretty worn, and I think it's time to spruce it up a bit. Does anyone know of a good looking bolt on front bumper? I don't plan on getting a winch, and I don't want it to be huge either.

Anyone got some photos?

Here's another question. I like the look of D-rings on the bumper, but do they make any noise? It seems to me they'd rattle while you drove.

Attachments

• 3k43o23pbZZZZZZZZZ9247520f773b4581b09.jpg
    3k43o23pbZZZZZZZZZ9247520f773b4581b09.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 482
XRC and Warn has some nice looking bumpers. some designs has the Winch space for it but if you dont want to install a winch on it, you can use that space for an Ice chest. I've never noticed the D-ring rattle on my Jeep, but then again, all i hear is my Tires.

My personal favorite is the bumper from Skidrow Off-Road. It has a spot for the winch if you want it, but it's also modular. Plus, there's different configurations with rock crawling light inserts and/or 2" reciever inserts. They're a little pricey though, but they look awesome! My D-rings might be rattling, but with all the other noises my Jeep makes it's hard to tell!

You mean this one Jeep Monkey? It looks pretty good.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 514
What do you guys think of a bumper like this. I like the brush guard

Attachments

• 3n43p23l7ZZZZZZZZZ92s2373b6454e151486.jpg
    3n43p23l7ZZZZZZZZZ92s2373b6454e151486.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 424
I have a buddy who has D-rings on his bumper in his xj, he has magnets that he stuck to the bumper and the D-ri.ngs stick to the magnets and don't rattle

Terry, if you want something cheap and easy, have you thought of just picking up a stock one on Craigs List and chopping it to be narrower? There are always a ton of guys who buy a big winch bumper and sell their stock ones for, like 5 dollars?

Currupt sent me some info on a local guy that makes bumpers. I think I'm going to ask him to whip up something like this. I really like the look - tough, but not huge.

Attachments

• JeepFrontClose.jpg
    JeepFrontClose.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 186
  • JeepFrontSide.jpg
    JeepFrontSide.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 102
Hey Terry,

That custom made bumper you found looks really nice. It's similar to the one I made - short, 45 degree angle ends, fully boxed (made from 2" X 4" .25 wall structural tubing). Yes, my D rings rattle a little but oh, well... That's part of the Jeep ride. I have a receiver Pintle hitch which goes "KA-CLUNK!!" if I hit the right bumps in the road (like a trench running across). The D rings come in handy for pulling stuff and the Pintle has protected the rear of the Jeep twice. It sticks out from the bumper (a rear Jeeperman receiver bumper) so it's about flush with the spare tire. This keeps cars from stuffing the tailgate when you get rear ended (which has happened to me twice). Instead of hitting the tire they hit the pintle. Oh, yeah... the pintle comes in handy for towing trailers too;)

If you would like any measurements from my front bumper just let me know... I could email you some photos of the details too... Best of luck - John

Back