Serpentine belt too tight?

Boze

Howdy again Jeepzerz,
I'm typing this with greasy fingers as I'm in the process of replacing my water pump. i noticed that my serpentine belt is tighter than a frogs rear end, even with the idler/tension pully off, (or whatever that pulley is called that sits just below where more civilized people's A/C pulley would be). Is that just how these belts are, or did someone maybe put the wrong one on? I'm a little nervous to take it off b/c I'm not sure I'll be able to get the mama jama back on there. Am I missing something?
-Boze

(i noticed that my serpentine belt is tighter than a frogs rear end), and you know this how? nevermind, i dont want to know. Anyway, That pulley where the a/c compressor is supposed to be is also an idler pulley. My guess would be that you might have the wrong size belt instead of the pulley, but i could be wrong. Take a pic if you could.

I just replaced it. Someone had put too small a belt on there whenever it was replaced last. They also the wrong lower radiator hose on, i couldn't figure out why Napa kept insisting on giving me the wrong hose untill I googled it and sure enough. And think about it Steelheadz, a frog's rear end has to be water tight or they would fill up and sink...duh! :D Where's Collin when you need him?

Lmao, C'mon, why can't we all just get along!!:cry::lol::lol:

Back