1990 yj air intake

Jeepenstevo

Is there anyone out their that knows anything about putting a air intake system on a yj jeep wrangler wiht a carburator? I would really like to try doing this but i would like to know if anyone has done this or what! Please let me know if anyone knows anything.[addsig]

OK I have an 87 YJ carb no K&N kit made for it so you will have to go coustom. The ez and quick way is to remove the restrictors out of you stock air tubes and buy and install an K&N replacement filter at you local auto zone. This alone did a lot of good. I have herd of folks drilling big holes in the side of the air box for more air. I plan to build me a tube like joopin made as soon as I get un lazy. I hope that this helps. Tug[addsig]

Is your jeep a 2.5 or a 4.0 because i have a 90 yj with a tbi not a carb. But no one makes one that will fit. The Tbi has a small lip on it you can't get a clamp around it. I think i came up with a way to use the old housing on it. If you find one let use early yj's no were you got it. :cool: [addsig]

my jeep is a 4.2 6cylinder. I want to make a tube like joopin to but i just wonder how it will be on a engine wiht a carb? hope someone out there has some answers about it![addsig]

i don't know about that... carbeurators like warmer air because it is denser...[addsig]

remove the ring that holds the top of your breather element, then only if you dont care how it looks since the lip is only about 1/4 of an icnh go to lowes into plumbing they make a pipe repair patch like what the navy calls a jubalee get the one for the wider pipe, remove the rubber and use the metal adjustable cylinder cut it down to about 3 inches tall but on the top of your carb like a snorckle, apply some good ole JB weld to anchor get some aluming tubeing or a cheap honda intake for around 40.00 comes with a filter and a rubber reducer, and put it together, my freind keven made one for his 79 cj with the 258, and 2bb carter looked like crap untill he cleaned it up with some sandpaper after he was done but it works if some one will tell me how to post some pictures with the script I will show you the finished product.

marc[addsig]

Back