AX15 External Slave Questions...

jeepman709

I just picked one up and am going to do the swap. I need a close up of the throwout bearing and arm that it sits on. I know there is a clip that holds the arm to the ball but what about the slave side? Does the plunger need to be attached to the arm of does it just push against it? Do I need to grease up the tube that the throwout bearing slides on after I install a new one? I have done a half dozen transmission jobs but all with internal slaves so I am new to the external set up. Any photos or info would be greatly appreciated.:shades:

The external slave cylinder is one of the last components to be installed after the trans. is bolted back on, and yes, the plunger rod of the slave cylinder just sits in the dimple of the clutch fork and pivot's on the balll on the opposing end of the fork. When you install grease on the input shaft tube where the t.out bearing slides, avoid applying too much so it doesn't get slung around to the clutch disk surface when you run it for the first time after replacement.

Back