Turbogus is offline Senior Member

Gateway Buckshot Mudders

Howdy gang, with the roll cage project coming to fruition, I'm looking for Gateway (bias) Buckshot Mudders 31x10.5x15. I've found several dead links so far.
    Remembering when I ran these monsters on my '78 full time 4wd Blazer, that beast was unstoppable~! Mud, Snow & even ice, they never let me down. They did wander just a bit on the freeway, but 'Black Betty' stays off the big road.
    Any links I would be most grateful for.
    Thanks for checking this and a lift of the lynch lid.
    Gus
    Quick fixes are so named for how long they stay fixed.
    If you run out of gas, no matter which way you decide to push, the closest gas station will always be uphill and in the other direction. Corollary: The likelihood of running out increases when all of the nearby gas stations are closed.
    The parts shop that stocks part for Skylab II will not have parts for our year/model of Jeep.
    We cannot accurately judge the trajectory of a speeding critter (cat, dog, sasquatch).

phall92139 is offline Senior Member

Re: Gateway Buckshot Mudders

Found this, you probably did too but all the links are dead...
    Reviews - Gateway Tire Buckshot Mudders Bias Ply Mud Tire Reviews by Offroaders.com - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Review Engine Powered by ReviewPost

It looks like Gateway Tire Company is now owned by Dunlap & Kyle but is primarily a wholesale and retail business. Doesn't look like they market their own tire...
    Gateway Tire

The Buckshot Mudder looks a lot like...

Interco Super Swamper LTB

I've seen posts on other forums talking about the Buckshot Mudders just a far back as Sep-Oct 2009 but can't find anything current.

Maybe a casualty of the Recession?
    -Phil

Yep it's much similar to that Interco, and the price was right on those Gateways
    If you run out of gas, no matter which way you decide to push, the closest gas station will always be uphill and in the other direction. Corollary: The likelihood of running out increases when all of the nearby gas stations are closed.
    The parts shop that stocks part for Skylab II will not have parts for our year/model of Jeep.
    We cannot accurately judge the trajectory of a speeding critter (cat, dog, sasquatch).

Team Twisted Off Road is offline Senior Member

I don't know if this is it but here you go..

BUCKSHOT RADIAL MUDDER - GATEWAY MUDDER @ NTW

Quote Originally Posted by Team Twisted Off Road View Post
    I don't know if this is it but here you go..

BUCKSHOT RADIAL MUDDER - GATEWAY MUDDER @ NTW
    Looks like you found 'em. I forgot all about NTW. But the price don't look all that spectacular.
    -Phil

Thanks for the link phall but the radials don't share the aggressivness of the bias ply I've had so much success with in the past like these Gateway Compared to the Maxxis (among others) As you can see, there's a vast difference between the old school of these and the Radials
    Last edited by Turbogus; 03-16-2010 at 11:44 AM.

Yep, I agree that if you can handle the on-road anomalies of a bias ply tire, they are just plain hard to beat for hard-core off road stuff. That's why I'd take a look at the Interco stuff. Although I've never ran their tires before, plenty of guys swear by them.
    -Phil

Right on, thanks Phil

Bounty__Hunter is offline Moderator

I used to run Buckshot's back in the day, great tire. As many miles as I put on them they must've been radials.

I run the plain TSL on the trail now, and up to a few hours on the road to get to the trail, definitely liveable.

Ultimately I went with the BFG KM2's and, despite their agressive tread they don't seem to wander a bit on the highway. Have yet to try 'em off road as I was taking care of other issues.

rdtj is offline Senior Member

I have those bias buckshots
    on my ride right now!!!!
    If my jeep was a woman I would marry it!!!!

rdtj is offline Senior Member

here they are
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gateway Buckshot Mudders-73928_144336218946001_100001088710485_226258_1313291_n.jpg  
    If my jeep was a woman I would marry it!!!!

83-cj-7=383-stroker is offline Senior Member

denman no longer makes the tire cuz they went bankrupt but they r in the process of trying to find another company to make them as we speak they maybe back into production this time next year i just got off the phone with a tire supplyier #1 662 563 7601 they may be able to give u more info then i can but this is the number to the gentelman i just got off the phone with
    my jeep is dead

timmy350 is offline Member
    I haven't seen any lately even used but if you want and aggressive tread super swamper irocks are about as good as it gets the down side is the don't last long on the street (really soft rubber) if you want something cheap and still close in tread pattern as buckshots are medalist mud kings I had them on my 85 4runner I went everywhere

Since I don't take 'Betty' out all that often, tire wear is of little importance to me. I just wanted that tread I remember from years ago. The KX 2's seem to be right up there so I'm going to keep 'em for now.