Gateway Buckshot Mudders

Turbogus

Howdy gang, with the roll cage project coming to fruition, I'm looking for Gateway (bias) Buckshot Mudders 31x10.5x15. I've found several dead links so far.
Remembering when I ran these monsters on my '78 full time 4wd Blazer, that beast was unstoppable~! Mud, Snow & even ice, they never let me down. They did wander just a bit on the freeway, but 'Black Betty' stays off the big road.
Any links I would be most grateful for.
Thanks for checking this and a lift of the lynch lid.
Gus

Found this, you probably did too but all the links are dead...
Reviews - Gateway Tire Buckshot Mudders Bias Ply Mud Tire Reviews by Offroaders.com - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Review Engine Powered by ReviewPost

It looks like Gateway Tire Company is now owned by Dunlap & Kyle but is primarily a wholesale and retail business. Doesn't look like they market their own tire...
Gateway Tire

GatewayBuckshotMuddersBiasPly-1.jpg

The Buckshot Mudder looks a lot like...

nyjgpqlocong21_sm-1.jpg

Interco Super Swamper LTB

I've seen posts on other forums talking about the Buckshot Mudders just a far back as Sep-Oct 2009 but can't find anything current.

Maybe a casualty of the Recession?

Thanks for the link phall but the radials don't share the aggressivness of the bias ply I've had so much success with in the past like these Gateway
th_GatewayBuckshotMuddersBiasPly1-1.jpg
Compared to the Maxxis (among others) As you can see, there's a vast difference between the old school of these and the Radials
th_maxxis_mt754buckshotmudder1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, I agree that if you can handle the on-road anomalies of a bias ply tire, they are just plain hard to beat for hard-core off road stuff. That's why I'd take a look at the Interco stuff. Although I've never ran their tires before, plenty of guys swear by them.

I used to run Buckshot's back in the day, great tire. As many miles as I put on them they must've been radials.

I run the plain TSL on the trail now, and up to a few hours on the road to get to the trail, definitely liveable.

Ultimately I went with the BFG KM2's and, despite their agressive tread they don't seem to wander a bit on the highway. Have yet to try 'em off road as I was taking care of other issues.

I have those bias buckshots
on my ride right now!!!!

here they are

Attachments

• 73928_144336218946001_100001088710485_226258_1313291_n.jpg
    73928_144336218946001_100001088710485_226258_1313291_n.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 16,614
denman no longer makes the tire cuz they went bankrupt but they r in the process of trying to find another company to make them as we speak they maybe back into production this time next year i just got off the phone with a tire supplyier #1 662 563 7601 they may be able to give u more info then i can but this is the number to the gentelman i just got off the phone with

I haven't seen any lately even used but if you want and aggressive tread super swamper irocks are about as good as it gets the down side is the don't last long on the street (really soft rubber) if you want something cheap and still close in tread pattern as buckshots are medalist mud kings I had them on my 85 4runner I went everywhere

Since I don't take 'Betty' out all that often, tire wear is of little importance to me. I just wanted that tread I remember from years ago. The KX 2's seem to be right up there so I'm going to keep 'em for now.

Back