Durabak liner ????

kc jones

I was wanting to coat my jeep inside and out with a roll on bedliner and was thinking of going with the durabak liner. Has anyone used this before? I was wanting to go with olive drab green outside and sand color inside and durabak is the only one I've found with these Colors. Any tips on this would be appreciated.
Thanks

I've never used the Durabak, but I have used Hurculiner. I would guess they are close in performance. The tip I have to offer is: Preparation. The whole process depends on the prep work before hand. You have to rough the surface (some people media-blast), and clean all (I mean ALL) of the grease, dirt, grit, grime out. Some "kits" may come with a de-greaser, but de-natured alcohol, or acetone (my preference) works well. Blow/suck/wipe all dust out and you're ready. If you skip or slack-off in any of the previous, you'll regret it when it peels down the road. As far as the process goes, tape off everything, "trim" with brush, the roll with the applicator. Just like painting a house. Some people use an under-body sprayer. I wish I had done this. Makes the finish look better, and less slick. Later

I used DuraBak on my Poison Spyder Ricochet Rockers. Awesome. Durable. Hell on your legs sliding in and out of the rig. Would I do it again? You bet.

As Bobcat481 said, PREPARATION is the key to success. If you spend more time applying the DuraBak than you do preparing the surfaces to receive it, you are doomed to disappointment.

Check these web sites:

Durabak Company; Truck Bed, Marine, Boat Ship Industrial & Workplace Non-Skid Coatings.

DURABAK Application Tips

Cote-l Industries is the guys I bought all my supplies from. I used their METCOTE (DURABAK Application Tips) primer that is specially formulated for use with DuraBak.

Another thing to think about is that DuraBak also some in a smooth formula that may be more appropriate for your exterior surfaces or anywhere washing out dirt or sand will be a concern. The regular rough textured DuraBak, like Herculiner or similar products, is a bear to clean because of the heavy texture from the rubber particles.

i used grizzly grip on my sons 93 wrangler inside and out and its great. lots of colors to choose from and products to keep it shiny ( i like the dull) he went brite red with white hinges and all. the whole thing was way easier than regular car paint. check out their web site !

Back