Intake Installed but WTF water neck?

Turbogus

Happy holidays gang.
Just about got the repairs (this time) done on 'Betty'. Was kind of tricky getting the gasket to stay in place on the 360 but got it done. Found a crack in the water neck
5241437608_229d6ca04d_z-1.jpg

and got a replacement at NAPA before I began this project. Go figure, the last item to install was the air cleaner and PCV assy.
The angle of the new water neck is such that it runs into the &*#$%@ PVC assy and the bypass hose now runs into the vacuum plenum for the distributor. Going back to NAPA today after they open to check if they goofed the part no.

Anyone else run into this issue?

Update: I checked out the NAPA website and they have a picture of the very thermostat housing I need. Twice ordered by the applicable part number from NAPA and twice the part is configured differently (Made in China) go figure, further the two NAPA parts were cast differently from one another. Does anyone have a resouse for this doggone thermostat housing?
Thanks and a lift of the lynch lid for any responses.

Gus

Last edited:

I found a few here:
1972-1981 Jeep CJ5 Thermostat Housing - Omix

Did you get one for the wrong year CJ?

1981-1983 Jeep CJ5 Thermostat Housing - Crown
33004856.jpg

1972-1981 Jeep CJ5 Thermostat Housing - Omix
O321711805.jpg

1981-1983 Jeep CJ5 Thermostat Housing - Omix
O321711802.jpg

1981-1983 Jeep CJ5 Thermostat Housing - Crown
thermostat-housing.jpg

Thanks a lot Terry, went out to Mac's Jeeparts and tore one off another 360, cleaned it up, painted it and I'm on the road again!

Back