Rocker Switch Panel.

Branjmb

Hey guys. So I currently have a very stock Jeep YJ, but in the near future I expect to have offroad lights, lockers, a ford taurus electric fan, etc put in. Obviously all of these will require switches in my cab.

I am looking to a set of matching rocker switches. However, the complicated part is they will all be using a wide range of voltage, and most rocker switches come with a set max voltage. I need to find a way to have matching switches, but be able to adjust the voltage "settings"

Does anyone have either a HOW-TO on making this happen or a specific production rocker switch panel?

Any help would be terrific, please give good instructions or a link to instructions if you can, i don't know too much about wiring, etc.

i am no help but i have heard of people using the rocker panel to run heavier power relays. this way the rocker isn't handling so much amperage and burning out or causing a fire

The way to run a lower amperage switch is with relays....the switch operates the relay with a low amperage ckt....the relay then "switchs" the high amperage ckt to run the accessory. I hear KC lights has a good wiring diagram on their web site,but I seen it myself.

As stated above, try to run any high (>5A) units thru a relay. Do this for 2 reasons: One is by keeping the switch out you don't have to buy a heavy duty (25A to 30A ) switch. Second the fan could transmit noise thru your cabin and be picked up by a radio or CB.
Yes KC has some nice diagrams I posted it up here a few times. Yu could search KC for wiring diagram and find several. I posted the general light one.

Lastly Check Daystar for switches They have some that fit a TJ nicely. Don't know what a YJ stock switch looks like.

For the original question, contact james at OTRATTW (james@otrattw.com). The ones he uses he sells the body and the rocker separate, and the rockers are labeled. Also, the rockers are compatible with ARB switches, which means if you get ARB, you only need to buy the rocker for it to match. Here's how my switches look (I chose red, but he has many colors):

DSC00116-1.jpg

DSC00115-1.jpg

And at night:

DSC00112-1.jpg

DSC00111-1.jpg

Hope this helps!

Felipe

Back