Cat Converter replacement

Dunno. They just looked it up in their catalog at the exhaust shop and walked across the street to the parts store to get it. I ran into the same problem you had at 4WD Hardware, their catalog said the Magnaflow would fit the 2.5L but their computer said it wouldn't. I could have bought a 2.5L cat from Random Technology but it cost about double so I just got a universal one.

I purchased mine from Amazon. On the label states that it'll fit 2.5L-4.0L. I called Magnaflow directly and verified it so hopefully I won't have any issues once I get it installed.

So the part I ordered came in (First photo: magnaflow #99005HM). I took it to a local shop and to see if they could install it. The mechanic said that it didn't have the O2 sensor port installed. I called Magnaflow directly to see if they have a catalyst that has the O2 sensor port installed and said that this product (Second photo: magnaflow #99055HM) would work since it's also a 99000series. Does anyone have this on their rig, specifically a 97 2.5L TJ?

Attachments

• 99005HM.jpg
    99005HM.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 315
  • 99055HM.jpg
    99055HM.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 383

I never seen one with the O2 sensor in the cat itself.When mine was redone we just drilled a hole in the pipe and welded a nut in place for sensor.

I never seen one with the O2 sensor in the cat itself.When mine was redone we just drilled a hole in the pipe and welded a nut in place for sensor.

Yeah, i'm at loss to see if I should get this product# or go with a new brand instead. I also went to check my cat converter and saw that the O2 sensor is after the converter.

Where's here?
Here is Dryden,Ontario, Canada,we only have emissions testing on commercial vehichles here.If you get stopped by police or road authority and dont pass a visual inspection they will cut you a $700 ticket on the spot for missing emissions equipment.

Back