no fire

coastalcowboy

Need some help. 83 cj7 258. Died while running down road. No backfire,noise just like turned key off. Turns over no spark. Repalced ignition module, pickup coil and ignitioncoil. tested neg. side coil. key off bright light. cranking no flashing light. checked time. #1 cyc. with rotor at #1 piston up. Has emc box does this effect spark. checked green wire from coil. no breaks appears good. Have beach 4wheel raaly July 16 need get this baby running.

Your rotor spins when you crank it so you know you didnt lose a timing chain? I actually had some thing similar happen once but the crank snapped.. No noise or anything, just like I turned off the key

yes. rotor turns. have checked piston movement. really stumped. getting fuel. does the ecm effect spark. I have checked and been told yes and no.

83 is older than I am, so I'm not sure about the engine but if this applies check the wires from the distributer to the block... and maybe IAC... just a shot in the dark as I sit at the bar.

Check the power supply going to the ignition module(Square aluminum box). Make sure the power and ground is good with key on . There's also a fuse for the ECU on the fuse block, make sure thats not blown. Check that as well for a 12v or battery voltage.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Spent two days tracing wires,cleaning grounds and reworking connections. still no fire. Performed the nutter bypass and BINGO first turn Red Riding Hood busted off. Still have adjust time. Looks alot cleaner under the hood and should make future electrical repairs really easy. Be haulen down national seashore this weekend with my Partners from the Piney Woods. Thanks everyone.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Spent two days tracing wires,cleaning grounds and reworking connections. still no fire. Performed the nutter bypass and BINGO first turn Red Riding Hood busted off. Still have adjust time. Looks alot cleaner under the hood and should make future electrical repairs really easy. Be haulen down national seashore this weekend with my Partners from the Piney Woods. Thanks everyone.

Did you mean Piney Woods, Texas?

Back