Tire Pressure

UnlimitedLJ05

What would be a good tire pressure for the street with my 32x11.50 BFG KM2's on 15x8's? The Discount put 35 which was way to much I thought so I aired them down to 28 but, wasn't sure if that was to much.

I have 33 12.50 r15 mickey thompson mtzs and i drove down a rock road till i covered the whole tread pad of the tire i run mine at 25 psi i was wearing the centers outta the tires

Forgot to add im running 15x8 rims and my jeep is a 97 the newer jeeps are heavier i believe

X2. BTW-very good article.

Also, a couple of considerations. Take the time to do this with your rig loaded like you normally drive around town, then do it when it's loaded with all the offroad crap you take into the dirt with you (i.e.: tools, recovery gear, coolers, water/gas cans, etc., etc.). Now you will have a general idea of how to adjust the pressure for best tire wear. Bear in mind that for long freeway trips you might want to add a few psi to your tires to compensate for the additonal heat build up of driving at speed as well as getting a tad better gas mileage.

When I'm doing an LTI on my Jeep, van or bike, part of tire inspection is using a thread depth gauge to monitor wear. An ounce of prevention, as they say.

I would start out with 28 and do the chalk test or see how they wear and adjust accordingly.

Back