1. #1
    oldskool71's Avatar
    oldskool71 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6

    Exhaust Manifold Help Plzzz

    Found the leak appears to be some sort of block off plate. Where can I get this piece. Any help would be appreciated. Here is a pic of what I'm talking about. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    Bounty__Hunter's Avatar
    Bounty__Hunter is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    12,682

    Re: Exhaust Manifold Help Plzzz

    Consider making one from thicker steel. Use the old one as a template.

  3. #3
    oldskool71's Avatar
    oldskool71 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6
    This is the problem because it is no longer there.

  4. #4
    oldskool71's Avatar
    oldskool71 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6
    Edit

  5. #5
    luis's Avatar
    luis is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    suprise az
    Posts
    634
    I tried looking for one of those block off plates for my tj and the parts store said they don't exist. That a spot for an egr valve but jeep never placed and egr valve in any vehicle atleast that what the parts guy said. I say trace the hole out with paper and make it out of steel then when you install it put some high temp gasket maker around it that way it won't leak. If your messing the bolt take the manifold to a hardware store and match one up that will work

  6. #6
    oldskool71's Avatar
    oldskool71 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by luis
    I tried looking for one of those block off plates for my tj and the parts store said they don't exist. That a spot for an egr valve but jeep never placed and egr valve in any vehicle atleast that what the parts guy said. I say trace the hole out with paper and make it out of steel then when you install it put some high temp gasket maker around it that way it won't leak. If your messing the bolt take the manifold to a hardware store and match one up that will work
    Sounds good but it's still on the engine and it in a tight spot to get to. Thinking about just buying the new manifold and use it for the template?

  7. #7
    luis's Avatar
    luis is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    suprise az
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool71

    Sounds good but it's still on the engine and it in a tight spot to get to. Thinking about just buying the new manifold and use it for the template?
    I took mine out it wasn't to hard. But I had the 4 cylinder. I say just go to an autozone and tell them that you need to make template of the block off plate out of one of there manifolds. I don't see why they would say no, just ask them if you can trace it on there counter

  8. #8
    oldskool71's Avatar
    oldskool71 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6
    Good got in touch with dorman and they are going to send me the plate and bolts. He couldnt find a gasket so I gotta figure that part out.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Belton MO
    Posts
    44

    Re: Exhaust Manifold Help Plzzz

    You buy metal gasket material at the parts store!

    Fel-Pro 3009 - Gasket Material | O'Reilly Auto Parts
    MiKe

  10. #10
    oldskool71's Avatar
    oldskool71 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by drivetrainsman
    You buy metal gasket material at the parts store!

    Fel-Pro 3009 - Gasket Material | O'Reilly Auto Parts
    Thank you that will do just fine. Pick some up tomorrow.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Belton MO
    Posts
    44

    Re: Exhaust Manifold Help Plzzz

    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool71 View Post
    Thank you that will do just fine. Pick some up tomorrow.
    Your very welcome!
    MiKe

Similar Threads

  1. 2.5L Exhaust Manifold
    By captjanes in forum CJ YJ TJ and JK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-03-2011, 06:56 AM
  2. Exhaust manifold
    By slo-wrench44 in forum CJ YJ TJ and JK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-18-2011, 04:55 PM
  3. Exhaust Manifold, or Exhaust Pipe?
    By Operation 4x4 in forum CJ YJ TJ and JK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 10:44 PM
  4. 4.0 Exhaust manifold
    By TwistedCU in forum CJ YJ TJ and JK
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 09:25 AM
  5. exhaust manifold?
    By MudderChuck in forum CJ YJ TJ and JK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-20-2003, 07:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in