wiring problem

pjfick89

Can anyone help with illumination wires? I bought my jeep with some minor problems and this is one. The orange and black wires are loose behind the speedometer and the gages for bat. and temp etc. can,t find where they were cut from or pulled from.

They wete cut it looks like the previous owner may have wanted to reconnect as the ends are striped or he may have pulled them from a connection.

I'm not sure how far you would have to trace back to replace those. Someone on here will know more about it than me. I'm still learning about jeeps.
Welcome to the site by the way

Thanks for the welcome and trying. Got my dash apart and trying to follow along withthe haynes tear down but new at this.

<~ cringes at the mention of 'Haynes' manual. Perhaps this isn't the case on their manuals for Jeep, but for other vehicles, I've noticed such elemental errors as order of operations not 'in order'. If you can, beg, borrow or steal the manufacturer original Jeep Service manuals.

With regard to insturment illumination I had similar issues when I first got 'Betty' ('78 CJ5) but using the offficial manuals I noted that they all tie into the same circuit and since they're not pulling many amps I was able to tie them together and link to the approapraiate fuse. Hope your path is as easy!

yes, tie them all together, black is ground orange is hot. when you get new one,s the ends are already striped. Maybe the OP got new ones and never hooked them up. I put them all together and ran a wire to the fuse box, put the wire in the lights fuse.

Thanks i will try tying them together. So far the haynes has beem pretty accurate on my previous n current jeeps.

I agree with turbogus about the haynes manual,get a chiltons if nothing else. I have run into problems with the haynes manual also.

Hey, this is my first time posting on this site. i m having trouble with my jeep somethings drawing power while off. i checked the paracytic draw and it failed so there is a 10 amps fuse in the hood fuse panel. its one of the three mini fuses. Any help.or like page from owners manual showing what all fuses are for.
Thanks .

i got this off ako

Attachments

• 1987 body wiring-2, 4.2.jpg
    1987 body wiring-2, 4.2.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 582
  • 1987 body wiring, 4.2.jpg
    1987 body wiring, 4.2.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 7,221
  • 1987engine wiring, 4.2.jpg
    1987engine wiring, 4.2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 4,107
Okay ii tried using this diagram. And i try new headlight switch. I put new battery in just failed. But the problem is still there the headlights are staying no matter unless i pulled the fuse off. and still there is draw on the battery. like i put my te

I put new switch,new batter. yet problem is still there the headlights are staying also try to unplug 2 plugs under steering column. no diference. And there is paracytic draw when put mny negative off and out the test light negative circuit in series my test light is still illuminating even with the lights fuse off. with light fuse on it illuminates brighter i took all fuses off still there is draw in the system. whats that all about. Any body ever face this issues.

Hey guys. I fund the drl module faulty disconnect that bad boy and problems gone evrything working fine. Just thought i would post this if needed for anybody else.

Back