93 yj fusebox question

xSilveira92x

Ive got a 93 wrangler 2.5 4cyl 5speed. I took it mudding yesterday and parked it till today found the battery dead... Its got a short, i narrowed it down to the 20a yellow fuse (in picture the last one on the right) in the fuse box under the hood. What does the fuse go too? The battery is against the firewall if that helps you understand where the box is.

I pulled the fuse out and cleaned it up and put it back in and the short went away. Im just curious what this fuse controls and if there is anything else that could have killed my battery over night? (key was off lights were off nothing was left on to my knowledge)

Attachments

• image-2130180214.jpg
    image-2130180214.jpg
    570.6 KB · Views: 18,946

that's fuse number 8, looks like a ground link fuse, goes to 18guage bk/rd lead, then feeds one side of fuse 11 to the horn relay .. also goes to fuse 12 (both 10@) to feed the underhood lamp, ABS Data Line connector, and a splice, which you can track down in the 93' wiring diagram if you decide you want me to send it to you.. I sent you a pm.. wow, started looking at that splice point, it is a ground link, and goes to dang near everything.. you'll need the electrical diagram to trace out anything that might have gone bad in there..

Last edited:
Hey I have that same heavy duty after market battery hold down! Lol and I'm not kidding.

Thanks for all the help, i emailed you. It being a ground fuse makes. Little for sense for why it went away after i cleaned it. Probably wasnt getting a good connection. Im sure every one was like why dont you just read the box cover for what it does(if it tells you)... I would but i dont have one lol. Bought the jeep not long ago For a good price it appears its gonna nickel and dime me to death... Ebay that little cover is like $30+.... Plastic bag is my thoughts for now lol

Yeah thats some high-tech battery holder. Lol it gets the job done. Its how i bought the jeep. I try not to fix things that arnt broken. Unless it could hurt something down the line.

try getting ahold of cjnpa on the jeep forum.. Ed Ciborosky I'll email you his email address, he has everything and priced right..

Back