Juice Box

ignition module upgrade... its probably not really much of an improvement... I would go to say the money can much better be spent on other mods. But if anyone has used one, and had great results, please tell[addsig]

the juicebox along with a good carburator upgrade (weber's the best bet) is probably the best thing you can do to squeeze life out of old 4.2L engines.

Older 4.2 engines were never really too efficent and tend to waste alot of power due to shotcomings in the design such as the shoddy stock ignition.

I installed my juicebox about a month or two ago, and after installing it, re-gapping some new spark plugs and setting the timing i found that the engine revs up alot smoother, starts a bit easier, and doesnt seem to have as many sputters when i mash on the accelerator.

Installation was pretty easy and most of the parts needed are actaully listed in the howto section of this board if you wanna assemble it yourself out of salvage parts.
[addsig]

The juice box works. It has a hotter spark about 30,000v. Plus the distributer is bigger. I used to have a problem at high speeds. When I would get up around 3000 to 3,500rpm my jeep would start to crossfire and hesitate because of the small distributor cap. Ever since I replaced it I haven't had a problem. It also starts up 10 times better then it used to. [addsig]

Back