wiring harness install

superj

I started installing my ez-wire harness yesterday. I really had a lot of anxiety about this because I feared it would be very hard and I would screw it up and the jeep would never run again but this wiring harness is very user friendly. The instructions come with a workbook to lay out all your gages so you can plan exactly how you want to wire your cash before starting. It also comes with an extra little harness with special instructions that say it needs to be installed if you are running an 80 amp or larger alternator. The wires are color coded and have the name of the wire on it about every 6" down the whole wire. Its very nice.

I compared three different harness manufacturers when looking and decided on ez-wire because of cost and a guy on jeepforums experience in jeeps and his comments on this particular kit. My buddy has A different manufacturer harness in his cj7 but it was about 3-400 more then this one and has the same labeling.

Here is the under dash shot when I first started laying wires in. The two bundles there are the dash and interior. This kit came with wires for power options so I won't be using those.

I decided to reuse the old fuse block as an insulator to keep anything from rubbing and getting cut or rubbed through. I have that black wire loom covering, I just wanted to string everything before putting it on.

Lights and horn to the front, engine related stuff along the firewall

Another shot of where stuff goes

Back end stuff like lights and fuel sender

As I get time to work on it more, I will get more pics

That's going to clean up nice.

Sent from my iPad using Jeepz

I can't wait for the weather to smooth out so I can finish this install. I just got some 33s to put on this jeep too

Back