lift kit suggestion

dailydriver

Good day,

I'm planning of installing a lift kit for my jeep. This would be my first time to do so. May I ask some tips and points on how and what to get. Also what size of rims and tires would be a good combo.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

What model and year of Jeep do you have?

Leafs are simple; I did my 4" lift with my wife in the garage in under a weekend. Coils are a bit more involved (especially if you are moving to a long arm kit), I hear, but I have never done one, so I cannot say from experience...

Totally depends on what kind of Jeep you have and what kind of driving/wheeling you want to do. If you're looking to just put some 33"s on it and look good in town then I would suggest a 2"-3" suspension lift. Of course if you go with bigger tires you're going to want a taller lift and some better gears. I've never done a body lift, but I've looked into the pros/cons and it seemed to me that the cons out weighed the pros.

I just had à Rubicon Express 4.5" long arm lift installed in 2002 TJ. The new tires are 33 12.5 15 on 8" rims withe ?4.5"? Wheel backspace. Gears done earlier include Eaton E lockers at 4.10. The combination has worked well for me. It was expensive for my budget, but the shop did the work in two days...it would would have taken me weeks in the garage working weekends.

I'd definitely do it again. The biggest performance boost did come with the lockers but now that it is complete with the lift, wheels, and tires, I would definitely do it all again.

In summary, do lift, lockers, gears, and wheels all at once. If the budget is limited, I'd suggest doing the lockers and gears first for a huge increase in off road performance.

Last edited:
Back