First gear whine

Hip2bsquare

Ok, got my 95 YJ, 4.0, automatic, 135,000 miles. Drove it home about fifty miles. Ran great but noticed slight whine during first gear, goes away when shifts to second. Then whine comes back, a little louder, when it downshifts to first - when I'm slowing to a stop. What could this be and please let one of the options be "perfectly normal." Thanks

Why are you dragging up old threads?
Well , it's been awhile since I've gone through here and I'm reading threads in whereas the purpose of posting is supposed to be educational as well as informative . Then I come accross a thread whereas it just ends without any type of conclusion whatsoever and have to wonder , what's the point of the thread to begin with if it's just leaving all readers hanging without answers . The only reason for my comment if brining up an old thread is somehow looked down apon and leaving me wondering why in the world that would be , is in an attempt to bring apon a conclusion to the problem issued in the thread , therefor bringing some actual meaning to it . Otherwise it would seem that the thread is rendered useless . No ?

Back