Liner Recommendations?

PretorDepot

Future weekend project is to take out the carpet and use a roll on liner on my 06 TJ. I've been researching some and read reviews. Of course every product has some good and bad. I haven't seen any from someone who has had it in their Jeep for more than a year. Anyone used a roll on liner and after years of use still happy with it? If so, please tell me what brand. Thanks

Ez liner, its a can you buy at canadian tire! Works so good on floors

image-238826360.jpg

I used herculiner, from just about any auto store. You can roll, or brush it on, I brushed mine on, and am pretty happy with it. I only did a thin layer so after 2 years its wearing off In few spots (it was a real thin layer). I think for best results you should roll it on, and thick.

I used herculiner, from just about any auto store. You can roll, or brush it on, I brushed mine on, and am pretty happy with it. I only did a thin layer so after 2 years its wearing off In few spots (it was a real thin layer). I think for best results you should roll it on, and thick.
the fact that your jeep has gone two years without developing rust and only wore into its protective coating is more than proof enough that it's well worth the time and money .
Just preserving the metal is more than worth it considering the time and money to replace sheet metal . Two years with HERCULINER ( and a thin coat at that ) is more than proof that it will preserve your jeeps metal .

Yeah, money was kinda tight at the time, so I just wanted a thin coat so the floorboards wouldn't rust, as I replaced every bit of floor in it, including the step that go,s to the back seat area. I am pleased with it and will eventually put a much thicker coat on someday. Oh, and if you do use it, make sure you stir it "REALLY" well. The bottom of the can it very thick, and just shaking the can wont do!

2nd on the Herculiner. I've done 3 different CJ floors with it & have only good things to say. The first Jeep floor I did with it still looked great after 6yrs....unfortunately the rest of the body needed to be replaced by then. Follow the can instructions especially the prep.

I've had herculiner in my jeep for over 5 years and the only half complaint I have is that it is faded. Other than that its still in awesome shape. I rolled mine, 2 coats. Prep work is the key, sanding and cleaning. I removed everything inside...long weekend but well worth it and you wont regret it.

Last edited:

Thanks for all the input. Sounds like Herculiner is the one. Thanks again!

I just had mine rhino lined... But then again, a friend of mine was the local dealer, so I got a great price on it!

Back