Best suspension lifts for 83 cj7

DTOM CJ7

I have an 83 CJ7 that is still factory suspension. I'm looking to put a suspension lift on it and want to know the best bang for my buck. I do drive on the highway and off road from time to time. Mostly highway and gravel roads. I'm new to jeeps and am excited to get started. Thanks.

87-95 wrangler springs will have a much better ride than the cj springs but they are wider and longer so mods must be done to fit them.. For cj springs I don't think you can beat BDS (big dicks suspension), they have a LIFETIME guarantee, if you break or bent their springs you will get a new one at no cost period. I have used the guarantee and it is what they claim. If you go 4" or over you will need drop pitman arm, tcase drop, shims for the rear (may be included, cant remember) longer brake lines, I think that's it. under 4" should not need these items, although I would put on longer brake lines from the frame down to the wheel.

I can't say what a good choice would be, but I was pretty unhappy with the Pro Comp springs that I put on my old CJ. Granted, they were better then the rusted together stock springs though.

Sounds good. I plan on going with a minimum of a 4 inch. I've looked at BDS and Rubicon express, I just want some one with experience of certain suspensions. My jeep is in pretty good shape for being 31 years old but it needs some updates.

Back